It is cold, it is winter and who isn’t imagining their dream destination vacation? At this time of the year millions of people around the world are planning their perfect winter vacation getaway. According to Caribbean Cruise Line Scam Watch, scam artists are prevalent throughout the travel industry. Unfortunately, many travelers are scammed out of their money from illegitimate vacation providers, before the trip even takes place.
Caribbean Cruise Line Scam Watch notes that this should not prevent individuals from pursuing affordable vacation packages made available by legitimate travel providers. The industry is actually growing with a forecast of 20.97 million passengers who will cruise globally in 2013. This represents a 2.5% increase over 2012’s figures with the Caribbean ranking as the most preferred cruise destination, accounting for 37.3% of all global itineraries.
Caribbean Cruise Line is proud that their Bahamas Celebration cruise ship has been chosen as the Best Bahamas Getaway Cruise for 4 consecutive years in a row. The chief editor of the leading cruise travel magazine in the world, Porthole Cruise Magazine, bestowed this honor to the cruise line. The ship has the charm and ambience of an intimate European ship with the amenities of larger cruise ships.
The Bahamas Celebration Cruise Ship offers the perfect family vacation and Grand Bahama Island is the perfect family destination. The fun-filled ship offers three Kid's Clubs catering to each age group as well as the Pirates of the Caribbean Water Park for the wee ones. Adults can indulge as well with swimming, snorkeling, fishing, parasailing and horseback riding.
Caribbean Cruise Line is the official cruise line of the Port of Palm Beach, as well as an official cruise line of Grand Bahama Island (designated by the Bahamian Government’s Ministry of Tourism.
Caribbean Cruise Line’s Top 10 things to Do in the Bahamas
The Bahamas is comprised of 700 islands covering over 100,000 square miles of ocean starting 50 miles off the coast of Florida. It boasts the clearest water in the world with a visibility of over 200 feet, and the world’s third largest barrier reef. Caribbean Cruise Lines notes it is the perfect winter vacation destination with average water temperatures at 80F year-round.
- Beaches - The beaches of the Bahama’s have been voted as some of the best in the world, boasting calm turquoise water and soft powdery sand. Perhaps the most famous is Treasure Cay Beach in the Abacos.
- Diving - The diving experience is like no other destination in the world. You will discover sunken Spanish galleons, inland blue holes, underwater caves and forest-like coral reefs. If you like to experience an adrenaline pumping activity you can swim and feed reef sharks. About one mile off the east coast of Andros sits the world’s third largest barrier reef and home to more than 160 species of coral and fish.
- Swim with the dolphins - Dolphin encounters are one of the most popular experiences in the Bahamas. The opportunity to swim with these beautiful marine mammals in the open ocean is the experience of a lifetime.
- Ecotourism - A wide range of eco tours are offered, exploring wetlands and forests where rare animals, wild birds and exotic orchids and plant life reside.. You can explore on horseback or you can hike the foot trails of countless nature preserves. You will discover the world’s largest colony of pink flamingos, the endangered Bahama Parrot, the Andros iguana and a wild horse preserve.
- Family Fun - Fun-filled activities include a visit to the candy striped lighthouse of Hope Town, a stroll through the pasted-shaded gingerbread houses of New Plymouth on Green Turtle Cay or visit the historic shipbuilders of Man O'War Cay.
- Water Sports - With crystal clear blue water it is perfect for any type of water sport; kayaking, canoeing, jet skiing, kiteboarding, snorkeling, parasailing
- Shopping - The Bahamas has no import duties on perfumes, fragrances, crystal, leather goods, jewelry, linens, tablecloths, watches, clocks, photographic equipment, china, binoculars and telescopes. The savings are significantly below US prices.
- Sight- seeing - The islands offer adventure tours, historical tours and cultural tours. If a cultural tour interests you, you will see Government House and the changing of the guard. You will sample authentic Bahamian food and drink
- Fishing - The ocean is home to some of the big predators, including Marlin and Tuna. Andros has a reputation among international angles as “The Bonefishing Capital of the World” renowned for both size and abundance of fish. Record catches are set every year in the waters of the Bahamas.
- Pampering - The Bahamas are the perfect place to help rejuvenate your mind, body and soul. There are numerous indoor and outdoor spas offering facial and deep tissue massages, scrubs and soothing herbal baths - Wellness activities include Pilates and yoga.
The Caribbean Cruise Line Scam Watch program hopes to decrease the amount of scams traveler’s face so that they can enjoy their time away with confidence and in an affordable manner.