On Saturday, May 17, 2014, the Union League will host a Career Skills Seminar for Veterans and their spouses to better assist them with job search. With so many servicemen and women transitioning from the military to the civilian workforce the Career Skills Seminar for Veterans is planned to help address the many roadblocks to a successful career search.
The Seminar will take place at the Union League Philadelphia from 9:00am – 3:00pm. Workshops will be conducted during the day-long seminar that will help our Veterans better transition into the workforce and improve the needed skills in their job search. Some of the workshops taking place are:
• The Resume Review & Workshop
• Interviewing Skills Training, Phone Skills Training and Dressing for Success Do’s & Don’ts
• Personal Branding & the Elevator Speech
• Translating Military Experience to the Civilian Sector
• LinkedIn & Career Builder: How to Use It?
• Personal Social Media Review: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn
• Mock Interview Stations
Location: The Union League of Philadelphia
The Grant Room, First Floor, 15th Street side of the building
140 South Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102