According to an Oct. 30 Yahoo report, if 2013 World Series MLB predictions for tonight's (TV schedule) Game 6 are correct, the Red Sox will defeat the Cardinals to win their first title at Fenway Park in almost 100 years.
It's hard to believe that just about a year ago, these same Red Sox finished with a 60-93 record and occupying the cellar spot in the American League East.
Needless to say, it was a sad way to celebrate the 100th anniversary of Fenway Park, as Boston closed out the 2012 MLB regular season under .500 for the first time since the 1997 campaign.
Just a year later, Beantown will have a chance to do something that hasn’t been done since 1918: Win a World Series championship at Fenway Park and disintegrate whatever’s left of the old “Curse of the Bambino”.
According to MLB oddsmakers, probabilities certainly favor the home team to get it done in Game 6 of the 2013 World Series tonight.
With RHP John Lackey (MLB Postseason 2013: 2-1, 3.26 ERA) on the mound, the Boston Red Sox [-119] are favored to defeat RHP Michael Wacha (MLB Playoffs 2013: 4-0, 1.00 ERA) and the St. Louis Cardinals [+109] and avoid Game 7 altogether.
The OVER/UNDER for this TV schedule MLB predictions game is set at a combined total of 7 runs and alternate run spreads list St. Louis at +1½ [-195] and Boston at -1½ [+167].
World Series Game 6 MLB Predictions - Consensus Analysis
- Action for Cardinals at +109 ML: 49 percent (531-543)
- Action for Red Sox at -119 ML: 51 percent (543-531)
- Action for OVER 7 Runs: 52 percent (409-379)
- Action for UNDER & Runs: 48 percent (379-409)
Cardinals-Red Sox 2013 - Trends to Consider
- OVER is 11-4 in STL last 15 Wed. games.
- Cardinals are 3-7 in their last 10 playoff road games.
- Cardinals are 44-20 in their last 64 Wednesday games.
- Red Sox are 11-2 in their last 13 World Series games.
- OVER is 8-2-1 in Red Sox last 11 playoff home games.
- UNDER is 7-2 in Red Sox last 9 interleague home games.
- UNDER is 9-4-1 in the last 14 meetings.
With the way this 2013 World Series has gone, anything less than a Game 7 would be a total injustice. Thus, Examiner's Game 6 MLB Predictions is without question the St. Louis Cardinals at +109 and UNDER 7 runs scored.
First pitch for this elimination game is scheduled for tonight at 8:17 p.m. ET (7:17 p.m. CT) live on FOX. Subscribe now to receive the latest sports news, including TV schedule, odds, picks and predictions for all major sports.