The Cardinals are continuing their theme nights in 2014: Mo Tie Monday, Chuck Berry night, Superhero night, Christmas in July, Kids' Day Out, and three Peanut Controlled days. Here are some of the details:
- On Monday, May 12th, fans can dress as sharp as General Manager John Mozeliak with the purchase of a themed ticket for the first-ever Mo Tie Monday versus the Chicago Cubs. Each special Mo Tie Monday ticket comes with a limited-edition Cardinals bowtie. A portion of each ticket sold will benefit Cardinals Care. Fans may also purchase a VIP ticket which includes the game ticket, bowtie and a pre-game Q&A with Mozeliak, starting with a bow tie tutorial.
- Chuck Berry Night will celebrate rock-and-roll legend and St. Louis native Chuck Berry on Wednesday, May 21st, when the Cards take on the Arizona Diamondbacks. All fans who purchase the special themed ticket will receive an exclusive Chuck Berry bobblehead. Fans can also purchase a VIP ticket which includes a pre-game meet-and-greet and photo opportunity with the Rock & Roll Hall of Famer, in addition to the bobblehead and game ticket.
- On Tuesday June 3rd, comic book characters and caped crusaders will roam the concourse of Busch Stadium while the Cardinals take on the Royals during the first Superhero Night at the ballpark. Fans of all ages that purchase the Theme Ticket will receive a one-of-a-kind Superhero Cardinals t-shirt. Youth size t-shirts also come with a Cardinals cape.
- It’s Kids’ Day Out on Wednesday June 18th when the Cardinals take on the Mets in a mid-week afternoon matchup. Local day camps and daycare providers are invited to bring kids to enjoy special pre-game activities. Each specially priced Kids’ Day Out ticket also comes with a free hot dog, soda and chips.
- On Wednesday, July 23rd all fans – naughty or nice – that purchase the Christmas in July Theme Ticket will receive an ‘Ugly Christmas Sweater’ t-shirt designed by STL Style. Fans will also be able to participate in other holiday-themed fun on that date, including a photo opportunity with Santa Fredbird.
- Also returning for the 2014 season are three Peanut Controlled Days on Sunday, June 22nd against the Phillies, Tuesday, July 22nd versus the Rays and Sunday, August 3rd against the Brewers. With the purchase of a Theme Ticket, fans with peanut allergies have the unique opportunity to sit to sit in a "Peanut Controlled Zone" where sales of peanuts will be halted and fans will not be allowed to consume peanut products in that area.
Tickets for these events are a little more pricey than the regular tickets for the same day, but the added attractions and giveaways make up for the cost. The shirts for the events are pretty impressive this year; to buy tickets, go to this page.
Enjoy this article? Receive e-mail alerts when new articles are available. Just click on the "Subscribe" button above.