The Cardinals’ Baseball Operations department has agreed to continue sending out minor league stats. Each day you’ll find the scores for each level and the stats of individual players. Please note that the players for each team are not the final placement for the prospects nor the official rosters for the minor league teams; the players are assigned teams each day so they can get playing time in real games. Also, there will sometimes be multiple teams for a single level to get more players game action.
Inter-system games today; Memphis/Springfield went 5 innings and Palm Beach/Peoria played 8 innings.
Memphis defeats Springfield: 5-0
- Sam Gaviglio pitched the full 5 innings giving up 5 hits while striking out 5.
- First baseman Jonathan Rodriguez had a triple in 2 at bats that scored 2 runs.
- Dean Kiekhefer started and went 2 innings, gave up 5 hits and allowed 2 earned runs.
- Sam Freeman got in an inning, allowing a hit and striking out 1.
- Heath Wyatt struggled through an inning; he gave up 3 hits and 2 earned runs while striking out 1.
- Justin Wright pitched the final inning allowing 2 hits and a walk.
- Rafael Ortega, Cody Stanley, Curt Smith and Adam Melker were all 1 for 2.
Palm Beach & Peoria tie: 5-5
Palm Beach Pitching
- Blake McKnight started and went 4 innings, allowing 2 hits and a walk, but striking out 1.
- Chris Perry followed with 4 more innings; he gave up 3 hits and 2 earned runs while striking out 5.
- Mitch Harris got in an inning of work, allowing an earned run on 2 hits and a walk.
Palm Beach Hitting
- Breyvic Valera started at second, going 1 for 4 with 2 RBIs.
- Left fielder Nick Longmire had a double in 4 at bats, notching a run and 2 RBIs.
- Alex Mejia played short and went 2 for 3.
- Ildemaro Vargas was the DH; he had a hit and a walk in 3 plate appearances and scored 2 runs.
- Kyle Hald went 4 innings, allowing 3 earned on 5 hits and a walk; he struck out 2.
- Jhonny Polanco threw 2 innings, giving up 3 hits, 3 walks and 2 earned runs while striking out 1.
- Chris Thomas and Dixon Llorens each gave up a hit and a strike out over an inning of work.
- Cesar Valera played short, going 2 for 4 with a run.
- Second baseman Michael Schulze had a double and homer in 3 at bats scoring 2 runs and 3 RBIs.
The Cardinals system will face the Mets system tomorrow; the upper level teams will be in Jupiter and the lower ones in St. Lucie at noon CST. Note that they will not be playing equivalent levels; the Cardinals will play up a level.
Enjoy this article? Receive e-mail alerts when new articles are available. Just click on the "Subscribe" button above.