The Cardinals’ Baseball Operations department has agreed to continue sending out minor league stats. Each day you’ll find the scores for each level and the stats of individual players. Please note that the players for each team are not the final placement for the prospects nor the official rosters for the minor league teams; the players are assigned teams each day so they can get playing time in real games. Also, there will sometimes be multiple teams for a single level to get more players game action.
The Cardinals went 4-0-1 against the Marlins’ system today; all games ended early due to rain.
Memphis tied New Orleans: 0-0
- Spring training favorite Tim Cooney pitched 4 innings, allowing 2 hits and a walk while striking out 4.
- Eric Fornataro followed him with 2 innings giving up a walk and striking out 1.
- Lee Stoppelman struggled through 2/3 of an inning giving up 2 hits and a walk.
- Heath Wyatt got the final out of the game.
- Tommy Pham played left today, going 2 for 3.
- Joey Butler was across from him in right; he had a single and a walk.
Springfield beat Jacksonville: 5-3
- Seth Blair started for Springfield and went 3 innings giving up 3 earned runs on 4 hits and 3 walks; he also struck out 3.
- Aidan Lucas followed up with 2 innings, striking out 2.
- Iden Nazario finished with an inning.
- Aledmys Diaz was the designated hitter for Springfield and had a double that scored a run in 2 at bats.
- Cody Stanley caught; he had a double and scored in 2 at bats.
Palm Beach defeated Jupiter: 2-0
Palm Beach pitching:
- Cory Jones started the game, going 3 innings. He gave up a hit and struck out 4.
- Anthony Ferrara pitched the next 3 innings, allowing 2 hits; he struck out 2.
- Joe Scanio pitched an inning and a third striking out 2.
Palm Beach hitting:
- Breyvic Valera started at second; he had 3 singles in 3 at bats and scored a run.
- Casey Rasmus was behind the plate and logged a triple that scored 1.
Peoria beat Greensboro: 2-1
- Highly touted prospect Alex Reyes had one of his better starts of the spring; he went 4 innings, allowing 4 hits and 2 walks while striking out 3.
- Kevin Herget followed up with 2 innings allowing a walk and struck out 3.
- Nick Lomascolo ended the game with an inning giving up a hit and an earned run.
- Mason Katz played second and went 2 for 4 with a run and a double.
- Carson Kelly caught and went 2 for 4.
State College shut out Batavia: 3-0
State College pitching:
- Chase Brookshire pitched 4 innings and struck out 7.
- Jeff Rauh went 2 innings, giving up 2 hits and a walk with 1 strike out.
- Norge Paredes pitched a perfect inning.
- Jonathan Escudero stuck out one in an inning of work.
State College hitting:
- Rowan Wick was in right field; he hit a double and triple in 3 at bats to go with a walk.
- Second baseman Richard Pedroza went 3 for 3, with a run, double, RBI, and a walk.
Tomorrow the Cardinals will have a camp day on the back fields.
Enjoy this article? Receive e-mail alerts when new articles are available. Just click on the "Subscribe" button above.