The Cardinals’ Baseball Operations department has agreed to continue sending out minor league stats. Each day you’ll find the scores for each level and the stats of individual players. Please note that the players for each team are not the final placement for the prospects nor the official rosters for the minor league teams; the players are assigned teams each day so they can get playing time in real games. Also, there will sometimes be multiple teams for a single level to get more players game action.
The Cardinals were supposed to play the Mets today, but weather canceled those games; instead, they played short scrimmages between levels.
Memphis lost to Springfield: 3-1
- Recently outrighted Angel Castro pitched 4 innings, giving up 6 hits and 1 earned run; he did strike out one.
- Joey Butler played left field and went 1 for 2 with a run; his playing time will probably be reduced now that Randal Grichuk has been sent to Memphis.
- Joe Cuda went 3 innings, giving up 6 hits and 2 earned runs while walking 1.
- Ryan Sherriff pitched 1 inning in relief, giving up 1 walk.
- Rule V pick up Greg Miclat played third; he went 1 for 2 with a double and walk.
- Jacob Wilson moved over to second base and went 1 for 2 with an RBI. Wilson could be a real asset if he could move to second; there is more system depth at third than second, so this could definitely raise his stock.
Palm Beach lost to Peoria: 2-0
Palm Beach pitching:
- First round pick Marco Gonzales pitched 2 innings, giving up 2 hits and an earned run with a strikeout; it’s good to see he’s not seeing any issue from his earlier forearm soreness.
- Fellow 2014 draftee Mike Mayers had a pretty close line, pitching 2 innings and an earned run, but gave up 3 hits.
Palm Beach hitting:
- Bruce Caldwell played second and had a double in 2 at bats.
- Silfredo Garcia went 4 innings, giving up 2 hits, 2 walks, and an earned run while striking out 7.
- Corey Baker relieved him; he had a hit and a strikeout in an inning of work.
- Rowan Wick was playing right field getting a hit in both at bats while scoring twice; Wick was drafted as a catcher but has moved in the outfield.
Enjoy this article? Receive e-mail alerts when new articles are available. Just click on the "Subscribe" button above.