Cara Delevingne was the face of Yves Saint Laurent's BabyDoll mascara in 2013, but now, the 21-year-old model joins the ranks of Claudia Schiffer and Jessica Chastain to become the brand’s face for its Spring 2014 campaign.
Spotted just days ago on the beaches of Barbados with close friend Rihanna, Cara was makeup free and island chill, but the new YSL campaign shows the model polished and completely glamorous. As for the Yves Saint Laurent Beauté Spring 2014 line, it is as beautiful as Cara.
The YSL Spring 2014 makeup collection drew inspiration from a bouquet of roses, peonies and irises. The collection indulges in a palette of floral tones featuring fresh new cosmetics, including some limited editions as well as new colors for some of the brand's iconic products. The line definitely balances the innocent, sweet beauty of spring with a kick of sensuality.
YSL Spring 2014 makeup collection includes:
- Pivoine Crush Eye Palette ($30) - fuchsia, pink, coral, black cherry and shimmery champagne
- Rosy Blush Collector Face Palette ($60 Limited Edition)
- Rouge Volupte ($35) - 31 Fuchsia Storm, 32 Jealous Coral, 33 Pink Neilla and 34 Pink Asarina
- Gloss Volupte ($32) - 104 Prune Organdie, 03 Rose Merger, 49 Terriblement Fuchsia, 19 Rose Orfevre
- Rouge Pur Couture Vernis à Lèvres ($35) - 32 Rouge Avant-Gardiste, 33 Bourgogne Aristique
- La Lacque Couture ($27) - 32 Rouge Avant-Gardiste, 33 Bourgogne Artistique
- Dessin Du Regard Crayon ($30) - 11 Intense Purple
- Mascara Volume Effect Faux Cils ($30 Limited Edition) – 22 Captivating Purple
The new collection will be available February 17 at select retailers with notification available at Yves Saint Laurent.
Remember lovelies -- Ugly is not a physical flaw, but is of one’s character … choose beautiful!
This author writes other columns. To view other topics from this author, visit the author’s page. ©2014 Yvonne P. Mazzulo, a.k.a., The Makeup Examiner. All rights reserved. Connect with Yvonne P. Mazzulo on Twitter, Facebook, and Google Plus.