The Cape Coral Festival of the Arts is this weekend, bringing to town more than a hundred exhibitors from Florida to California specializing in all sorts of artwork. For restaurants in downtown Cape Coral, this annual event typically means a huge boost in business as the streets fill with more than 100,000 visitors from all over the country.
The 2014 Cape Coral Festival of the Arts is set for Jan. 11 and 12 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. along Cape Coral Parkway near Del Prado Boulevard.
Now in its 28th year, the event hosted by Rotary Club of Cape Coral has plenty of food vendors and restaurants participating. But it's the pizza joints, sushi houses, cafes, fast-food restaurants and sports bars in the neighborhood that also benefit from the increased foot traffic.
Below are just a few examples of downtown Cape Coral restaurants that will be open during the event:
- Iguana Mia Mexican Restaurant, 7 Cape Coral Parkway East – (239) 945-7755
- Nice Guys Pizza, 1334 Cape Coral Parkway East – (239) 549-7542
- Papa Joe's Italian Restaurant, 814 Cape Coral Parkway East – (239) 945-1700
- Sans-Sushi, 1306 Cape Coral Parkway East – (239) 541-7267
- South Cape Diner, 1215 Cape Coral Parkway East – (239) 257-2183
In addition to the main festival area, there are many other places to eat just a block north on Southeast 47th Terrace.