Late Saturday, Mike Dickinson, the Virginia Democrat running for the House seat currently held by Rep. Eric Cantor, R-Va., issued a tweet claiming former Alaska governor Sarah Palin believes that gays and blacks "are the problem" with America and took a gratuitous swipe at Bristol Palin in the process.
"@SarahPalinUSA feels gays and blacks are the problem w America," he tweeted. "Maybe the real problem are people like her daughter who humps around."
He continued his attack against Palin, claiming the Palin household is "full of scumbags," while lashing out at those he called "bible thumpers."
"Palin thumped bibles while her daughter was humping around and got knocked up out of wedlock," he added.
"Vitter thumped bibles and got caught w a prostitute," he said in another tweet.
He also included the Tea Party and conservatives in his Twitter rant.
"It always happens w tea party and RW. They crusade morals and thump bibles at you then fail," he said.
Dickinson's rant prompted a number of negative responses as no one came to his defense.
"What is it with you and this term 'humps around' last I checked you were the one providing poles to single moms," one person said, referring to Dickinson's history with local area adult businesses. In a letter to the editor of the Richmond Times-Dispatch, Dickinson claimed to be the CEO of Mid-Atlantic Showclubs. He later claimed he was only a consultant.
"And when did Sarah Palin ever blame gays and blacks for the ills of America? Find a single quote, please," added "John M."
Dickinson, however, did not cite a single source or quote to substantiate his claim.
In February, Dickinson was called the "next Alan Grayson" in an article posted at the left-wing Daily Kos, in part due to his outrageous comments on Twitter.
- Va. Dem. Mike Dickinson threatens: I'll make Eric Cantor pay for Fox News, Koch
- Cantor rival Mike Dickinson: Justice Clarence Thomas a 'sexual predator'
- Virgina Dems unsure of Mike Dickinson over connections to local adult businesses
- Va. Democrat: Those wanting answers in Benghazi terror attack 'mentally ill'
- Virginia Democrat parrots Alan Grayson: Tea Party and KKK 'one in the same'
- Congressional candidate Mike Dickinson becomes unhinged on Twitter