CANJICA - A special Brazilian dish for the Holidays

Comments

• BONIFACIO EGIDO 4 years ago

Of all the recipes I read on your articles and the way how I prepare it, : this is the simplest one and very easy to cook, thus we prepare this in only a few minutes excluding the soaking of corn and you will prepare it on night time and early in the morning you serve this very nutritious soup and plenty of vitamins hence milk is a part of it, Wow even to imagine alone I know my family love to have every now and then, and this is another recipe that makes us happy and yes we always remember your resourcefulness and your time shared to those empty minds in cooking Brazilian dish, Wow it seems that our family is in Brazil having a bonding. Perfect ideas for us Filipinos for we introduce this recipe to our relatives and friends who work in abroad for this is very simple cook and good for them before they work. Thank you again for sharing this to us. GOD bless you.

• BONIFACIO EGIDO 4 years ago

• Profile picture of Virginia Kahler-Anderson
    Virginia Kahler-Anderson 4 years ago

Paulo, I must agree with Bonifacio here, that this has to be one of the simplest dishes yet, that you've introduced us to. I love corn to begin with, and so this mush looks fabulous. I appreciate that you have shared it here with us, on Examiner. Thank you!

San Jose Food Examiner
    San Jose Home Fitness Examiner

• Rayfosu 4 years ago

Just can't wait to try this dish... Sound very easy to prepare and enjoy with family and friends. I like corn very much and am sure will enjoy this new dish. Thanks and good work.

• Profile picture of Amelia Albanese
    Amelia Albanese 4 years ago

This reminds me of an exotic custard. It sounds so delicious, yet so simple to do. And, I love corn, so I may have to whip this up for me this week.
    -San Jose Cheap Eats Examiner

• Profile picture of Amy Kurtzman
    Amy Kurtzman 4 years ago

Corn is one of my favorites too. Do you eat the canjica as a sweet side dish, or as a dessert?

• Paulo Oliveira - Boston Brazilian Food Examiner 4 years ago

Hi Amy Kurtzman. We can use it as both (sweet side dish or dessert) but I usually have it by itself between lunch and dinner or at night, too.

• Beverly Mucha 4 years ago

What a simple dish to prepare and this also sounds so delicious. Can't wait to try this.

• Felipe 4 years ago

Hi dear uncle!!! Canjica is so delicious, my mom always cook it for us!!!

• Profile picture of Dawn Gagnon
    Dawn Gagnon 4 years ago

This recipe has me intrigued and I would love to try it. It sounds like one that would be gentle too, on the stomach. Keep giving us these unique and special recipes and I will keep coming back to read them..
    ;0)