We have all heard that commercial for the Butterfinger candy where they say; “Don’t lay a finger on my Butterfinger”! It is a catchy slogan and was made famous when Bart from the animated television show “The Simpsons” appeared in the commercials.
Without a commercial break it is time to make a batch of cookies and incorporated this wonderful chocolate covered peanut-buttery candy into cookie batter that is irresistible. The texture, flavor, aroma and taste of these cookies is like no other you have ever tasted.
- ½ cup of softened butter
- ¾ cup of sugar
- ⅔ cup of brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¼ cups of chunky peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 2 cups of flour
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 10 fun-size Butterfinger candy bars, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350’.
- In a large mixing bowl cream the butter and sugar together.
- Then add in the peanut butter, eggs, vanilla, baking soda and salt.
- Mix using an electric mixer until smooth.
- Slowing blend in the flour to the sugar mixture using a wooden spoon until combined.
- Fold in the chopped Butterfinger candy till it is evenly distributed.
- Scoop out by tablespoonfuls and roll into balls about 1 ½ to 2 inches round.
- Place the cookie dough on a sprayed cookie sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until are lightly browned.
- Remove cookies from tray and place on rack to cool completely.
- Transfer cookies to a cookie jar or platter and serve.
© 2014 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved