Will you be one of the millions of viewers watching “the big game” this Sunday? Every year millions of Americans devote the first Sunday of February to the final game of the football season, also known as Super Bowl Sunday. Even if you aren’t the biggest sports fan, you and your dog are sure to enjoy these Super Bowl Sunday activities.
1. Warm up: Every athlete knows a good warm up is essential before any game. What better way to get ready for Super Bowl than by taking your dog for a stroll around the neighborhood? In addition, if you are expecting guests over for the game, this walk will help your dog be better behaved.
2. ‘Tail’gate: While you’re cooking up some good eats for the game, throw a little extra meat on the barbecue for your pup (just be sure you DON’T add the seasoning or marinade to his). When the meat is cooked, and has a chance to cool down, break it up into bite sized pieces and put it in his bowl when the rest of you are eating. This will also help keep him from begging for scraps.
3. Toss the ball: You and your dog can have your own pre-game of fetch in the back yard. You can be the quarterback and he’ll be the wide receiver. This is another great way to work out any anxiety he may be having about your party guests. The football shaped Kong toy would make a great fetch toy for this occasion…. Fido, go long!
4. Watch the game and commercials: Talk about the perfect game companion. Not only will your furry buddy share your opinion on every amazing pass, every nail biting play, and every bad call, but you don't have to worry about him interrupting the game for conversation. He’ll also enjoy watching the commercials with you too (though secretly he’s just interested in the ones with talking animals).
5. Take a nap: All that pre-game fun and game time screaming, cheering, eating and drinking can really wear you out. Feel free to let your four-legged best bud curl up next to you for a little post-game snooze. You deserve it.
Tune in to Fox 11 this Sunday, Feb. 2nd, at 3:30 p.m. PT to catch the Seattle Seahawks take on the Denver Broncos in Super Bowl XLVIII.
For some adorable, pre-game fun, tune in to Animal Planet’s Puppy Bowl X on Sunday at 3:00 p.m. In the meantime, find out who the puppies are predicting will win this year’s Super Bowl by watching the attached YouTube video.