Have you been searching for a cookie that doesn't have any sweetener, real or artificial sugar? A cookie that is healthy enough to be considered a good-for-you food is now here, and you can make it in the comfort of your own home. You only need one bowl to mix up the ingredients, and there is nothing that is considered unhealthy in these cookies. They contain oats, banana, and peanut butter. If you like, you can even add raisins, but that is optional. These cookies are very quick and easy to make, and are baked in the microwave. You can use very ripe bananas, buy them on sale and freeze them. Just peal, wrap in foil, and place in the freezer.
Peanut butter energy cookies (12 cookies)
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1/3 cup of oats
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- Olive oil to grease the plate
- Mash the banana with a fork. If you are using a frozen banana, place it in the microwave for about 45 seconds on a microwave save plate. Remove and mash with a fork.
- Add 1/3 cup of oats and the 2 tablespoons of peanut butter. You can add 1/4 cup of raisins (optional).
- Mix together all of the ingredients with a tablespoon.
- Grease a microwave safe plate with some olive oil.
- Drop tablespoons of the mixture onto the microwave safe plate.
- Bake for 6 minutes in the microwave. Note: Heating times in microwaves vary, so you make need to adjust accordingly.
These cookies are so delicious that you probably won't have any leftovers. If you do, place them in an airtight container for 3 days in the fridge, or freeze for up to 3 months. You can make several batches and freeze them. These can be eaten for breakfast, dessert, or snacks. They also make good hors d'oeuvres for parties, and kids love them in their lunch boxes.