Submit your resume and original all-natural skillet meal recipe for a chance to join the Safeway Culinary Kitchens team and have your skillet meal included in Safeway’s 100% natural Open Nature™ product line sold in stores! (See Competition Rules for details). Learn more…
Want to enter? Here’s what you’ll need to submit:
- EXPERIENCE: Your resume, including education, training and relevant culinary experience.
- INNOVATION: Your original all-natural skillet meal recipe, including the recipe name and a mouth-watering photo of the finished product.
- CONFIDENCE: A brief outline of what inspired your recipe, why it’s special and why our shoppers would want to purchase it.
- ENTHUSIASM: A statement about what motivated you to become a chef and enter this competition.
Many will enter. One will win.
- Safeway will review all submissions and, based on experience and recipe submission, select the top 25 candidates.
- Top 25 candidates will be required to participate in an interview with Safeway and submit a short “Why I’m the Next Safeway Culinary Chef” video.
- Based on interviews and video submissions, 12 semi-finalists will advance to 3 regional cook-offs.
- 3 finalists advance to final cook-off at the Safeway Culinary Kitchens in Pleasanton, California.
- At the final cook-off, the winning Open Nature™ skillet meal recipe will be judged by Safeway chefs, executives and Executive Chef Alexandra Guarnaschelli who appears on Food Network’s “Chopped” and “Iron Chef.”
About Safeway Culinary Kitchens:
With a dedicated team of accomplished chefs and more than 4,000 square feet of food development work space, Safeway Culinary Kitchens is committed to developing best-in-class food products that help shoppers find inspiration for delicious meals.