The Huntsville Art League has posted a Call to Artists for their Juried Art Exhibition, Unique Views. This exhibition implores the viewer to experience the world around them through the eyes of an Artist. The subject matter can be the Artist's town, their lives or their beliefs.
Artists may submit up to three works; selected works will be exhibited at the opening reception in Lowe Mill on May 16, 2014 and then displayed in the Second Floor Connector Gallery for several weeks. Works may be offered for sale, from the Huntsville Art League Studios in Lowe Mill and from the Huntsville Art League website for this exhibition.
Jurors of Selection/Awards
The acceptance and award selection of the exhibition will be determined by a panel of three jurors.
How to Enter
Up to three pieces of art may be submitted. Upload images, complete entry form and pay entry fee at http://www.huntsvilleartleague.org/unique-views-submission/
The Jurors will make award selection from the actual paintings displayed in the exhibition. Awards will be announced at the opening reception on May 16, 2014. Approximately, $1,000 in cash, gift certificates and merchandise is anticipated.
Paintings may be priced for sale or not for sale (NFS). A change in price or NFS status is not permitted following acceptance. The Huntsville Art League will receive 30% (25% for Huntsville Art League Exhibitors) commission in all sales. Artists are encouraged to keep this in mind when pricing their work.
The exhibition will also be shown on a website that permits Paypal sales. Website images will be of lower resolution than those submitted for the jurying process. The shipping charges for artwork sold on the website will be split 50/50 between the Huntsville Art League and the Artist.
All artwork (2D-3D) must be executed within the past two years. Only original work by the Artist will be accepted. The Huntsville Art League reserves the right to refuse any art work that does not match the submitted entry, or other criteria in this call. No painting may be substituted and none may be removed before the end of the exhibit (except for sale of the work as part of the exhibit).
2-Dimensional Art Must Be Framed:
- Maximum framed size: Not to exceed 48" either height or width
- Minimum image size: 140 square inches (multiply height x width; i.e. 14" x 10")
- Frames must be of simple/smooth wood or gold, silver or black metal;
- No frame larger than 3" wide;
- Light enough to be handled by one person;
- Glass or plexiglass;
-Wire must be unfrayed with taped ends or plastic coating, ready to hand and must support the weight of the painting;
- Fiber art may be unframed, but must include a slat or rod in a top sleeve with attached wire, cord or a central loop suitable for hanging from one picture hook or nail.
- Light enough to be handled by one person;
- Stable with no additional supports;
- Appropriate for display on floor or pedestals of 6" x 6" surface;
- No sharp endges that will present danger to the public or exhibit personnel.
Digital Entry Procedures
Go to the online entry form. Complete the form and be sure to select your images for upload. Click the submit button once. Depending on the number of entries and file sizes, it may take a few minutes to upload your files. Once submitted, you will be redirected to PayPayl's secure server in order to complete payment. You do not have to have a PayPal account to pay via PayPal. Your submission is not complete until payment is receied. Once payment is complete, you will be redirected back to the Huntsville Art League's website. You should receive an email from Huntsville Art League with the contents of your form submission and an email from PayPal for your receipt.
- Images must be 300 dpi and save in JPG format not to exceed 2MB per image;
- Images must be cropped to exclude frames, mats and background;
- Each image must be labeled with the Artist's last name, an entry number (A, B or C) and artwork title consistent with the Entry Form, without spaces or punctuation marks (i.e. JonesARock.jpg);
- Images must be in sharp focus; poor quality images could affect the juror's decisions. The exhibition committee reserves the right to refuse works that are not in good condition or are not appropriate for this exhibition and venue;
- Entries WILL NOT be processed until the Entry FEe is paid and the images posted;
- Artists agree to have their images in lower resolution displayed on the internet website for this exhibition.
- Up to 3 images per Artist;
- Artists are required to be a member of the Huntsville Art League, or to join the League for one year ($20 for an individual membership also payable on the website);
- Entry fee is $35, non-refundable, and payable with your submission to http://www.huntsvilleartleague.org/unique-views-submission/
April 4, 2014 - Deadline for Entry
April 26, 2014 - Email Notification of Acceptance
May 6, 8 and 14, 2014 - Delivery of Shipped Art
May 16, 2014 - Opening Reception, First Floor Connector, Lowe Mill
May 17-31, 2014 - Exhibit displayed in the Second Floor Connector
June 2-7, 2014 - Return Shipped Art
June 4-7, 2014 - Pick-up of Hand-Delivered Work (Wed-Sat, 12 p.m. - 5 p.m.)
The Huntsville Art League will take every precaution against damage or theft, but will not be responsible for damage or loss whatever the cause. Artists should carry their own insurance for both the exhibition and shipping.
Delivery and Return Shipment
If artwork is accepted, the Artist will be sent instructions, regarding packing, shipping and hand delivery. All shipments must include a prepaid shipping label. Shipped paintings must be addressed to Huntsville Art League, Studio 202, Lowe Mill Arts and Entertainment Center, 2211 Seminole Dr. SW, Huntsville AL. A $25 handling fee made out to Huntsville Art League will be assessed on shipped paintings; this fee is an addition to the return shipping charges. Shipped art will be returned in the same shipping boxes as received beginning June 2, 2014.
Artist is responsible for notifying shipper of return shipping date. Hand carried artwork must be picked up on June 4-7, 2014 (Wed-Sat 12 pm-5pm) in Studio 202.
For more information or questions regarding this exhibit, Email firstname.lastname@example.org.