Activision has its sights set on Call of Duty: Ghosts or another game in the series taking down Rockstar Games juggernaut Grand Theft Auto 5 in the record books, according to a report today from MCV-UK.
- Best-selling action-adventure video game in 24 hours
- Best-selling video game in 24 hours
- Fast entertainment property to gross $1 billion
- Fastest video game to gross $1 billion
- Highest grossing video game in 24 hours
- Highest revenue generated by an entertainment product in 24 hours
- Most viewed trailer for an action-adventure video game
However, Activision’s UK senior brand manager for Call of Duty Kevin Flynn wants the series to regain the best video game launch title.
“Congratulations to the team at Rockstar for their success,” Flynn said. “We look forward to getting the record back before the next GTA title.”
Flynn championed the upcoming release of Call of Duty: Ghosts while also pointing to the continued success of Call of Duty: Black Ops II in the UK market.
“We know that our unaided awareness for Ghosts is leading the way against other unreleased triple-A titles,” Flynn said. “Our digital content has proven extremely popular and Black Ops II has sold more than 3 million units in the UK.”
Those sales for Call of Duty: Black Ops II puts the title ahead of most other video games, except GTA 5 and FIFA 14 in the region.
Call of Duty: Ghosts hits shelves on Nov. 5 for Windows PC, PlayStation3, Wii U and Xbox 360. The game will launch along side the Xbox One on Nov. 22 and the PS4 on Nov. 15 in North America and Nov. 29 in Europe.