The deadline is quickly approaching to submit your work for Practical Art’s Third Annual Juried Exhibition, Heat. All entries must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, May 15, 204.
For this exhibition, artists should submit work that is related to the theme ‘heat’ in any interpretation. All Arizona artists are eligible to submit their work.
- Work must be wall-mountable art in any medium, not exceeding 32” in width
- You may submit up to five (5) images in JPG format. Images should be sized at 1000 pixels on the longest side with a resolution of 150 ppi. Files should be numbered in the following format: “01_lastname.jpg”
- Include title, medium, retail price, and dimensions of framed submission
- Include an artist statement and bio
Exhibited work will be selected by a panel of guest jurors chosen from the local arts community. The number of pieces in the exhibition will be determined based on the size of accepted entries; there will be approximately 10 - 15 included works. All work will be listed for sale at a price set by the artist, and all sales will be governed by a standard Practical Art consignment contract
- Deadline for submission of works: Wednesday, May 15th, 2014
- Notification of acceptance: Friday, May 31st, 2014
- Delivery of accepted work for exhibition: Accepted work must be framed or similarly finished, ready to hang, and at the gallery no later than Sunday, June 23th, at 5pm. No exceptions.
For more information about submission guidelines and the juried exhibition in general, please click HERE.
Practical Art is a retail and gallery space that features 100% locally-made textiles in wood, fiber, ceramic, glass, metal, and up-cycled materials. The store gallery is open Monday through Friday from 11:00 – 7:00pm, Saturday and Sunday from 11:00 – 5:00pm, and special events.
5070 N Central Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85012