Find out why it’s just more fun…living in California™ with this week's episode of CALIFORNIA LIVING™ with host Aprilanne Hurley when Executive Chef Peter Pahk creates a nutrition rich masterpiece with a savory twist with plain Kefir, raw vegetables, Oregon Pink Shrimp and organic Tequila on ION Television in the San Francisco and Sacramento Markets on Tuesday, October 8, and Thursday October 10, 2013 @ 6:30 a.m.
In the following "Party Girl Diet Approved" Tequila Lime Shrimp recipe, Chef Pahk transforms organic Clover Stornetta Farms Kefir which is a nutritious, probiotic elixir made right in California's North Bay into a savory Organic Tequila Lime Sauce that works perfectly with broiled or grilled fish and chicken, assorted vegetables, and in this INSIDE LOOK TV CALIFORNIA LIVING™ TV Media production - with organic Oregon Pink Shrimp.
Watch along in the "CALIFORNIA LIVING™ with Aprilanne" San Francisco TV show video on the left above to see how Mauna Kea Beach Hotel's Executive Chef Peter Pahk turns ordinary vegetables into a fun and savory dish to serve at your next party, and read on for Chef Pahk's Organic Tequila Lime Shrimp Recipe below:
Ingredients to make 6 servings of Chef Peter Phak's Tequila Lime Shrimp:
- 1 pound cooked Oregon Pink Shrimp
- 1 cup each of Red Beet, Yellow Beet and Cucumber to make the Vegetable “Confetti”
- 1 1/2 cups Tequila and Lime Sauce (see recipe below)
- 1-cup chiffonade of Romaine Lettuce
- 6 Martini glasses
- 6 Sprigs each of dill and Italian Parsley
- 6 wedges of lime
Ingredients for the Tequila Kefir Sauce:
- 14 ounces plain kefir or Greek Style Yogurt
- 2 ounces organic tequila
- Juice of 2 limes (about 1 ounce)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- To make the “Confetti” you will need a turning machine. Simply set up the radishes, peppers, etc. into the machine and crank away. This is one of the greatest ways you can “sneak” veggies into dishes and it’s fun and easy. (Watch CALIFORNIA LIVING™TV show segment on left for more details)
- For the chiffonade of Romaine you will need one head of just the heart of Romaine lettuce. Starting from the stem end, slice as thin a ribbon of Romaine that you can. Reserve.
- To serve, place 1 ounce of romaine at the bottom of a martini glass. Hang a few strands of each kind of “Confetti” down the glass, and then spoon about 2 ounces of Kefir Sauce on top of the lettuce,
- Add about 3 ounces of the Oregon Pink Shrimp on top.
- Garnish with the dill and parsley sprigs and lime wedge.
To compliment the acid and salt balance of this dish, try pairing it with a sparkling beverage of your choice such as champagne, sparkling wine, beer, or a sparkling water...and enjoy some real CALIFORNIA LIVING™with me ~ Aprilanne Hurley
PLUS, In this episode of CALIFORNIA LIVING™ we review:
- The Top 10 Foods Proven to Enhance Health & Longevity
- Key lifestyle choices that can add up to 10 years to your life at the Marin County Health & Human Services Division of Aging
- The success formula behind the CALIFORNIA LIVING™ Beach Body Workout – your “go-to” total-body workout you can do anywhere in just 20 minutes with Circuit Training.
Find out why it’s just more fun…living in California™ with CALIFORNIA LIVING™ series creator and host Aprilanne Hurley who delivers California's trends in food, travel and healthy living Tuesday and Thursday mornings on ION Television in the San Francisco and Sacramento Markets and on-demand at CaliforniaLiving.TV.
CALIFORNIA LIVING™ is an INSIDE LOOK TV, LLC Media Production © 2005- 2013 INSIDE LOOK TV, LLC/Aprilanne Hurley, All Rights Reserved.