This week, CALIFORNIA LIVING™ host Aprilanne Hurley delivers the insider's guide on where to "stay & play" in Bodega Bay, CA - a romantic Bay Area getaway offering fresh, local "farm to table" and wine country cuisine, relaxing spas, white sandy beaches and world class golf overlooking the spectacular California coast.
San Francisco Bay Area and Sacramento, CA residents looking for healthy travel ideas and a romantic, close to home beach getaway can catch the CALIFORNIA LIVING™ with Aprilanne's "Destination Bodega Bay, CA" Travel Special airing Tuesday, October 15, and Thursday, October 17, 2013 @ 6:30 a.m. on ION Television:
KKPX-TV 65/ION Television, Comcast 16 in San Francisco – Oakland – San Jose, CA
KSPX-TV Channel 29/Comcast Channel 11 in Sacramento, CA.
Check out the video on the left of this page for a special look at Part 1 of this Bodega Bay, CA focused episode of Calfiornia Living™ for the inside look at "wine country cuisine" really means to a true wine country chef - Mark A. Dierkhising while working at the Blue Water Bistro in Bodega Bay, CA.
BONUS for Examiner.com Nutrition fans: Below is a special, "Party Girl Diet Approved" wine country cuisine recipe for Crab Cakes with Five-Citrus Sauce compliments of Executive Chef Mark A. Dierkhising's featured in this "cult classic" episode of Calfiornia Living™:
CRAB CAKES With Five-Citrus Sauce
- 8oz Fresh Dungeness Crab
- 1 Lemon
- 2 tbs. Chopped leeks
- 1 Lime
- 2 tbs. Chopped Italian Parsley
- 1 Grapefruit
- ¼ cup Panco breadcrumbs 1
- 1 Orange
- ¼ cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Blood Orange
- 1 tbs Dijon Mustard
- 1- Tbs. Red Wine Vinegar
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 Tbs. Olive Oil
- 2 tbs Melted sweet Butter
- Mix crab, parsley, breadcrumbs, and leeks together in a bowl.
- In another bowl mix together mayonnaise, Dijon mustard and fold in to the crab mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper and remix crab.
- Form patties into desired sizes and place onto a plate and keep refrigerated until needed.
- Peel the citrus and section each of the citrus into a stainless steel bowl.
- Squeeze juice from each citrus into the bowl along with the sections.
- Mix in the olive oil and salt and pepper. Set aside until needed.
- In a sauté pan melt butter over medium heat. Place the crab cakes into the pan and brown on each side.
- Hold cakes in a warm oven until needed.
Spoon the citrus sauce on to plates and arrange cakes on the sauce. Until next time...keep the party going ~ Aprilanne
PLUS in this episode of California Living™- you'll score:
- A golf lesson from Director of Golf PGA Pro Bob Caldwell at the award winning Links at Bodega Harbor
- The insider's guide to the pool, authentic fish market, and restaurants at The Inn at the Tides in Bodega Bay, CA - one of the famous locations in Alfred Hitchcock's 1960's thriller The Birds.
- An inside look at the romantic, private dining options at the Sonoma Coast Villa & Spa, and their signature "Sonoma Scrub & Wrap" at the spa.
- Meet Dennis and Kathleen Erba at Coldwell Banker Coast Properties for the inside look at the real estate options in beautiful Bodega Bay, CA.
Find out why it’s just more fun…living in California™ with CALIFORNIA LIVING™ series creator and host Aprilanne Hurley who delivers California's trends in food, travel and healthy living Tuesday and Thursday mornings on ION Television in the San Francisco and Sacramento Markets and on-demand at CaliforniaLiving.TV.
CALIFORNIA LIVING™ is an INSIDE LOOK TV, LLC Media Production © 2005- 2013 INSIDE LOOK TV, LLC/Aprilanne Hurley, All Rights Reserved.