Sandwiches are a great summer meal, even for supper. A wrap sandwich is even better because it is more contained and seems lighter and healthier to the consumer. This is an easy recipe that can be prepared in a skillet.
Chicken, bacon, blue cheese and roasted red peppers create a delicious wrap. Using a spinach flavored tortilla wrap adds even more deliciousness. Serve the wrap with a pile of kettle cooked potato chips on the side and everyone will be happy.
This is a real one-pot meal, using the same one pot for two different pieces of the sandwich.
California Chicken Wrap
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 slices bacon
- 4 (10-inch) flour tortillas or wraps, preferably spinach flavored
- 1/2 cup chunky blue cheese dressing
- 2 cups alfalfa sprouts
- 1 cup drained roasted red peppers, cut into 1/2-inch wide strips
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray, like PAM. Heat skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken to the skillet. Cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Turn over and reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook, turning once, until no longer pink inside, about 5 minutes on each side. Cool and slice chicken.
- Wipe skillet clean with paper towel. Heat again over medium-high.
- Add bacon. Cook until crisp, about 6 to 8 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Spread tortillas with blue cheese dressing, leaving 1/2-inch border around all edges.
- Top with alfalfa sprouts, chicken, red pepper strips and bacon.
- Fold in tortilla sides. Roll up from bottom. Secure with toothpicks. Halve crosswise. Remove toothpick before eating.
- Serve with additional dressing on the side, if desired.
- Pile up some traditional potato chips on the plate and serve.