With all the holiday parties on the schedule and the impromptu gatherings, a good hostess always has a few items on hand that everyone can enjoy. Cabot Creamery Cooperative offers several award winning cheddar cheeses that will delight your guests. With these delicious cheddar cheese options, proper storage and serving options are important to get the full flavor out of the cheese.
Cabot offers the following tips to enjoy its award winning cheddar.
- Refrigerate your Cabot cheddar immediately.
- When serving, allow the cheese to come to room temperature for the richest and most fully-developed flavor, texture and aroma.
- If surface mold develops, simply cut it off and re-wrap in fresh plastic wrap. Flavor and quality will not be affected.
- Once opened, re-wrap any remaining cheese tightly in plastic wrap and store in your refrigerator.
- Properly wrapped and stored in your refrigerator, Cabot natural cheddar will keep for many months. We do not recommend freezing our cheddar as texture will be compromised, although freezing prepared dishes containing our cheeses will not affect quality.
- Storage at room temperature for even a few hours may cause butterfat in naturally aged cheddar to separate from the cheese. The flavor will not be affected and the cheese is still edible, but may be somewhat drier due to loss of moisture.
Taste the difference this holiday season. Give yourself and your friends a delicious cheese from Cabot.