La Petite France Bakery & Cafe in West Hartford is using Farm-to-Chef Week to launch its fall series of BYOW (Bring Your Own Wine) dinners. Each month on the third Thursday they will offer a special meal with two seatings: first seating at 6:00 pm and second seating at 8:00 pm.
The first dinner under their new schedule will be on Thursday, September 19th and will be a special Farm to Table BYOW Dinner menu with three entree choices plus appetizer and dessert. For the entree, choose from Poulet aux Figues (tender chicken with figs, served with rice and green beans); Porc et Champignons (delicious pork with mushrooms & cream, served with rice and green beans); or the vegetarian Gratin de Pommes de Terre (potato and herb gratin, baked to a crisp golden brown, served with goat cheese, beet and walnut salad). For dessert choose one of their famous sweet crepes or a rich French dessert served with coffee.
All ingredients for the dinner have been sourced from local farms:
- Copper Hill Farm in West Suffield, an organic/pasture based farm specializing in spring and fall vegetables, pastured pork products, laying chickens, and broiler chickens and turkeys.
- Easy Pickin’s Orchard in Enfield, a family farm that grows fruits and vegetables; this farm has been around for over half a century and they also have a CSA program.
- Provider Farms in Salem, where Max and Kerry Taylor grow their vegetables chemical free on 14 beautiful acres of happy soil and use 20 acres of biodynamically managed pasture to raise their herd of heirloom cattle. They also run a CSA program.
- Cato Corner Farm in Colchester, they handcraft small batches of cheese made with raw milk made from their 40, mostly Jersey cows. They do not use growth hormones, herbicides, sub-therapeutic antibiotics or animal-based feeds. The cows graze freely from May to November on rich pasture grasses.
- Maggie’s Farm in Lebanon, where Jim and Carol Brzozowy grow what LPF believes are the best mushrooms and other vegetables in Connecticut which they sell weekly at the Coventry Farmer’s Market and other venues.
Price per person for this special dinner is $50. Space is limited so call to make your reservations now - 860-231-9255. If you want wine with your dinner, remember to bring it as LPF does not hold a liquor license.