Being snowed in during the winter can take its toll on your work out routine. Getting to the gym can be tough and not everyone has equipment at home. Try adding these activities to your day to burn extra calories and expend some energy.
- Shovel snow for 30 minutes - 150 calories
- Dance (or belly-dance) for 30 minutes - 100 calories
- Clean your house for 30 minutes - 75 calories
- Walk up and down the stairs for 20 minutes - 100 calories
- Go sledding for 30 minutes - 200 calories
- Practice moderate Pilates or Yoga for 30 minutes - 150 calories
- Walk in place while watching TV for 30 minutes - 200 calories
- Read for one hour - 50 calories
- Cook or prepare food for the week for one hour - 100 calories
- Go ice skating for 30 minutes - 175 calories
Adding any of these activities to your day, along with a healthy diet and balanced workout, will boost your calorie burning and help you to achieve your fitness goals faster. To burn more calories try an at home fitness DVD or add some strength training to your day.