Destiny, Bungie's latest IP, has had it's fair share of leaks in the past. Leaked on November 27th by Bungies outsourced PR department, the title has suffered from even more marketing and advertising propaganda leaks this past weekend.
Luckily for us, today we finally get our reveal for the "Halo" creators next game. The title looks massive, and is described as a "FPS MMO." The title will always be online, with a story and installments set up for the next 10 years.
In what almost seems as an extension to the Halo story (even though that's not possible due to copy write laws), "Destiny" takes place in a universe were humanity is trying to return to their golden age of prosperity. Several artistic cue's from the Halo series are very clear here.
It's important to note that this title is coming to both the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, as well as "next generation" consoles. The title will feature interplanetary travel, as well as an on going story arc. Destiny is even said to have no start menu... just turn the game on and go... something that I haven't seen in a game since "X-Men: Clone Wars."
- Here is everything we know about "Destiny"
- Set in the future, Destiny is a story about humanity returning to the golden age of prosperity
- Requires constant internet connection
- Hybrid first-person shooter/mass on-line multiplayer
- Mobile phone integration to monitor your character, receive updates, ect.
- Several titles set up for release over the next 10 years
- Possible inter-planetary travel via customization space craft
- You will always play as a human
- Available on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and next generation consoles
- Several races of various enemy aliens
We are still learning more about this title, so be sure to check back for updates!
What is everyone's thoughts on Bungies new "Destiny?" I think it looks fantastic! Let me know by subscribing to me here or following me on twitter @NicholasGigante.