Cooking up a tasty, hot appetizer for special winter gatherings is easy with just a few ingredients on hand. This winter serve some meatballs bundled up in a light, delicate pastry that can be eaten as is or dipped into your favorite tomato sauce.
- 1 (8 ounce) can of crescent dinner rolls
- 1 (22 ounce) package of pre-made or homemade 1 inch Italian meatballs
- 4 ounces of mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400’.
- Heat meatballs in tomato sauce until warm.
- Lightly spray a cookie sheet.
- Unroll the crescent dough and cut into triangles.
- Then cut each triangle wedge into three even strips.
- Slice meatballs into quarters.
- Cut the mozzarella cheese into medium-sized cubes equal to the size of the sliced meatballs.
- Place one piece of cheese and a quarter of a meatball on each strip of pastry dough and roll them up.
- Once all the wrapped meatball appetizers are rolled and on the cookie sheet lightly coat the tops with cooking spray.
- Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove appetizers from cookie sheet and transfer to a fancy serving platter.
- Be sure to place a small glass on the table with toothpicks so everyone can pick up their appetizers and not burn their fingers.
- Place small bowls of tomato sauce around the platter so guests can dip their pastry wrapped meatball bundles.
- Better yet, put tomato sauce in a bowl with a small ladle and set out small individual bowls so everyone can take some sauce and have their own dipping bowl.
- Have some grated cheese in a shaker jar handy for anyone wishing to add an extra sprinkle on top of their meatballs.
© 2014 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
Never miss another recipe, cooking tip or news story again! Subscribe to Beverly Mucha @ Jackson Cooking Examiner and receive a free notification every time something new is published.
More reading topics from this author: