The Buffalo Sabres will be hosting its annual summer development camp next week, Monday through Friday, July 14th through 18th at the First Niagara Center. On-ice sessions will be open to the public and an intra-squad “Blue and Gold Scrimmage” will take place on Tuesday, July 15th, at 7 p.m.
Camp will feature the team’s 2014 NHL Draft picks, including Samson Reinhardt and Brendan Lemieux, and a total of approximately 40 Sabres prospects. The preliminary development camp roster will be available soon.
Players in attendance will participate in on-ice and off-ice workouts. The goals of the camp, according to the Sabres’ website, “are to show prospective players the fundamental ideas of the Sabres’ playing system and expose them to the conditioning programs of an NHL player. Camp participants will also study and examine NHL rules and the successful techniques a player must possess to become a professional athlete.”
Following is a tentative schedule of on-ice workouts open to the public at First Niagara Center during development camp. All times are subject to change – watch for updates at sabres.nhl.com.
· Monday, July 14th – On-ice coach’s practice: 10 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
· Tuesday, July 15th – Pre-scrimmage skates: 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.; Blue & Gold Scrimmage: 7 p.m.
· Wednesday, July 16th – Off Day
· Thursday, July 17th – Practice/on-ice testing: 10 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
· Friday, July 18th – Practice/three-on-three tournament: 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Check out all of Paula’s Buffalo Examiner columns:
Follow Paula on:
· Facebook – Paula Thompson Freelance
· Twitter - @paulat14
· Website – paulathompsonfreelance.com
· Flickr – PaulaThompsonFreelance
Contact Paula at email@example.com