January is National Soup Month and that is the perfect time to try this delicious, spicy Buffalo chicken wing soup You make it in the crock pot, so Buffalo chicken wing soup is not only delicious, it is simple to prepare
Do not put away this Buffalo chicken wing soup recipe; you may want to serve this at your Super Bowl VLXII party. You will be able to sit back, relax and enjoy the Super Bowl with this simple, delicious crock pot soup. Do not forget to serve celery and blue cheese dip along with your spicy Buffalo chicken wing soup. Buffalo chicken wing soup is sure to have your family and friends asking for the recipe.
You will need a 4-quart or larger crock pot or slow cooker to make this Buffalo chicken wing recipe.
Buffalo chicken wing soup in the crock pot recipe
Ingredients for Buffalo chicken wing soup:
- 3 cups cooked and cubed chicken, dark or white meat
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped, about 1 cup
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 10 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ + 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups skim, 1% or 2% milk, whole milk or cream will curdle
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 8-ounces processed cheese, such as Velveeta, cut into small cubes
- ¾ cup hot wing sauce, recipe follows
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
How to make Buffalo chicken wing soup in the slow cooker:
- Make a roux with the flour and butter. Set aside.
- Spray the crock pot or slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Add cooked chicken, celery, and onions to the crock pot.
- Pour the chicken broth and milk into the crock pot. Add cubed processed cheese. Stir in the cooled roux. Add wing sauce.
- Cover the crock pot or slow cooker and cook on low for 6 to 8 hour. The Buffalo chicken wing soup is done when the celery and onion have reached a soft tenderness and the flavors have melded.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream, shredded Cheddar cheese or crumbled blue cheese on top of each serving.
- Yield: 6 to 8 servings.
Make your own hot wing sauce for Buffalo chicken soup
Ingredients for Buffalo hot wing sauce:
- 1 cup Frank's hot sauce
- 8 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 Tablespoon white vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
How to make Buffalo hot wing sauce:
- In a medium pan over medium heat, melt the butter. When the butter melts, add in the Frank’s hot sauce, white vinegar, garlic powder and Worcestershire sauce.
- Reduce to low and stir to sauce to blend well. Bring to a slow bubble, then remove from heat and set aside.
- For a little extra kick, add ½ teaspoon of ground black pepper to the sauce when you melt the butter.
Click the Subscribe link to receive FREE notification whenever new articles or recipes are published by the Frugal Living Examiner, Family Examiner, Buffalo Family Holidays Examiner and Buffalo Frugal Living Examiner