The Bucksport Bucks softball team will begin the quest for their third consecutive class C state championship when pitchers and catchers report to practice on Monday.
The Bucks have won 40 consecutive games since moving down to class C before the 2012 season.
Bucksport also won the class B regional title in 2011.
The regular season is scheduled to start on April 21st. That of course is still to be determined, depending on field conditions.
The Bucks are scheduled to play three games the first week of the season, including home games against Washington Academy and Dexter.
The Bucksport baseball team fell to Stearns 1-0 in the 2013 class C regional final.
Full spring practices will start on March 31st.
The highlight of the Bucks schedule is when they play five consecutive home games between May 12th and May 27th.
It should be another exciting season for the Bucks baseball and softball teams.
Below are the schedules- These are subject to change.
Bucksport Bucks- 2014 baseball/softball schedule
- April 21st- VS Washington Academy- 4:30 p.m.
- April 24th- @ Ellsworth- 4:30 p.m.
- April 26th- VS Dexter- 1 p.m.
- April 30th- @ Central- 4:30 p.m.
- May 2nd- @ Searsport- 4:30 p.m.
- May 5th- @ Orono- 4:30 p.m.
- May 7th- @ George Stevens- 4:30 p.m.
- May 9th- @ Washington Academy- 4:30 p.m.
- May 12th- VS Central- 4:30 p.m.
- May 14th- VS Sumner- 4:30 p.m.
- May 21st- VS Orono- 4:30 p.m.
- May 23rd- VS Searsport- 4:30 p.m.
- May 27th- VS Ellsworth- 4:30 p.m.
- May 30th- @ Dexter- 4;30 p.m.
- June 2nd- VS George Stevens- 4:30 p.m.
- June 4th- @ Sumner- 4;30 p.m.