Even if you think you don't like Brussels sprouts, this scrumptious recipe is worth a try. It makes a great weekend breakfast, especially for those following low-carb diet plans, such as the Dukan Diet.
This recipe tastes best with good quality Brussels sprouts, meaning many store brands won't make the grade, though Trader Joe's brand works well.
- 1 16 oz bag frozen Brussels sprouts
- 2 slices of bacon (real bacon, not turkey)
- 1 tsp bottled minced garlic
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 large eggs
- salt & pepper to taste
- Microwave the Brussels sprouts until they are tender, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fry the bacon slices in a large, deep pan until brown and crispy. Remove bacon from pan and add onions, cooking until tender.
- Chop the sprouts with a chopper and add to the pan.
- Add garlic and vinegar, and break up the bacon into the mixture.
- When the sprouts begin to brown, make a well in the middle. You can crack the eggs directly into the pan for fried eggs or mix them and then put them in the pan, to make scrambled eggs. I like to make scrambled eggs and mix them in with the sprouts. Salt and pepper the eggs if desired, to taste.
Serve warm and refrigerate leftovers.