Brownies are a wonderful treat as are, but can be used as a base for more elaborate desserts as well. Anyone with a sweet tooth will enjoy the many combinations that can be created using this delicious treat.
The brownies themselves can be made with a variety of ingredients added to them, such as:
- chocolate chunks
- broken up Snickers bars
- crushed Skor bars
- white chocolate chips
- butterscotch chips
- broken up peanut butter cups
- crushed candy canes
The list goes on. Try whatever comes to mind.
Once the brownies have been baked and plated, try putting other treats on top. Hot fudge is a nice addition, or try the fudge with ice cream and whipped topping. There are so many choices, a new combination of items might be used each time. The brownies themselves are good hot or cold.
- caramel topping, chocolate chip ice cream, whipped cream, colorful jimmies, and a cherry
- marshmallow topping, mint ice cream, whipped topping, chocolate jimmies
- butterscotch topping, vanilla custard, hot fudge
- chocolate syrup, sliced bananas, vanilla pudding, whipped cream
- vanilla ice cream, broken up chocolate bar, whipped topping
- whipped cream, a drizzle of chocolate sauce, chocolate jimmies
- chocolate cream, crushed peppermint
- vanilla ice cream, hot apple pie filling
- peach slices, warmed honey
- pear slices, warmed honey, nutmeg, cinnamon
Tells us about your next brownie treat. Did you try something from the list, or your own combination?
Check out the Frugal Recipes blog!
Be sure to subscribe to Bangor Easy Meals to receive all new updates to the column. Please share articles you enjoy on Facebook, Twitter and other social and bookmarking venues. You may contact Shannon any time at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by leaving a comment here. And be sure to check out the book store for Beverages on a Budget and other cookbooks.