Enjoying desserts that are warm such as pies, cobblers or just lightly heated cut up fruits brings out extra flavor to these treats. Adding a low-fat topping with a light sprinkle of brown sugar provides that added touch whipped cream usually does to ice cream without the added calories. So next time you want to enjoy some fruit but still want a little something extra try this topping before grabbing for something else that will tack on more calories.
- ¼ cup of reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon of fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 2 tablespoons of light brown sugar
- Combine the sour cream, milk and vanilla in a small bowl and mix well.
- Pour the dessert topping over warm fruit or pies and sprinkle on the brown sugar.
- Serve while dessert is warm.
© 2014 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
Never miss another recipe, cooking tip or news story again! Subscribe to Beverly Mucha @ Jackson Cooking Examiner and receive a free notification every time something new is published.
More reading topics from this author: