On Friday, January 25, field representatives from Paul Broun's congressional office visited Baldwin County in an effort to reach out to voters during a 'Constituent Days' event.
Broun, a Republican, went unopposed on November 6th and there is speculation that he may running for the U.S. Senate in 2014 in hopes of replacing fellow Republican Saxby Chambliss.
Baldwin County (Milledgeville)--45 miles northeast of Macon-- is now a part of the 10th Congressional District after redistricting in 2011 and is the seventh largest population center among twenty-five counties.
The three-hour afternoon gathering was at Central State Hospital's Powell Building located at 620 Broad St., Suite 401-C.
IN OTHER NEWS: The Baldwin County Commissioners met for their regular meeting on Wednesday, January 23 and the following is a summary of the agenda covered.
* Enhanced 911 Charge on Wireless Telecommunications Connections – County Manager and
* Call to Order
* Approval of Minutes from January 9, 2013
(1) Resolution for Enhanced 911 Charge On Wireless Telecommunications
Connections – County Manager
(2) GEFA Project Update – Tim Ingram, Ingram & Associates
(3) Cell Tower Legislation – Chair
(4) Tax Anticipation Note – Finance Director
(5) Work Sessions – Vice Chair Westmoreland and Commissioner French
(6) County Manager’s Report
Public Comment Period for Non-Agenda Items
January 31, 2013, Thursday, 5:30 p.m., Commissioners Work Session, Suite 319, Courthouse.
February 4 & 5, 2013, Monday & Tuesday, ACCG 2013 Capitol Connection Conference, Atlanta.
February 5, 2013, Tuesday, 6:00 p.m., Regular Meeting of Board of Commissioners, Suite 319, Courthouse.
February 19, 2013, Tuesday, 6:00 p.m., Regular Meeting of Board of Commissioners,