Two brothers blew up a house celebrating a lottery win, according to The Wichita Eagle on Feb. 16. The two brothers have not been named so far, but one is in the hospital while the other was arrested. The two were celebrating a $75,000 winning ticket with a bit of meth and marijuana, and things went very wrong from there.
One brother, age 27, had gone into the kitchen to refuel butane torches they were using to light their bong. Some butane leaked into the air as he did this, and then the vapor made it to the furnace pilot light. This is what led the brothers to blow up the house as they celebrated the lottery win, and the victim received second-degree burns on his chest, arms and hands. As it happens, he was wearing a lottery T-shirt at the time.
The victim's girlfriend loaded him, and some children, into a car and dropped him off at the hospital emergency room. She didn't stick around, but the police got a warrant and went to check out the house. The other brother ran out of the house, but police caught him. He admitted he had methamphetamine and marijuana, and he was arrested. From the sounds of it, these two brothers who blew up the house celebrating the lottery win won't have to put in too much effort to decide how to spend the big payout.