Two brothers blew up their house while celebrating a lottery win of $75,000 in Kansas. Apparently the act wasn't done on purpose, Huffington Post reports Feb. 18. One of the two men made a bad mistake when the whole thing went down. Drugs were definitely involved.
As the Wichita Eagle reported:
"One of the brothers went to the kitchen to refuel the butane torches they planned to use to light their bongs. He emptied a couple of large cans of butane lighter fluid, leaking butane into the air."
Wichita Police Sgt. Bruce Watts said in a press conference that the butane vapor had reached pilot light in the furnace and it resulted in an explosion.
Another news outlet reported that the injured brother's girlfriend drove him to the hospital, but after dropping him off, she sped off in the car and her whereabouts is unknown.
As for the other brother, he was treated for second-degree burn injuries and remains in stable condition.
The brother who accidentally blew up the house has been arrested on drug charges once he admitted to police he had possession of meth and marijuana inside the home.
Children were inside the house at the time of the incident, but no injuries have been reported.
Once the damage is all said and done, the brothers' lottery winnings may cost them more than $75,000.