Brothers blow up house celebrating lottery. According to a report at Fox News, the two brothers were celebrating a lottery win in their home. The festivities included the purchase of meth, and marijuana, but ended on a sour note when this clever pair proceeded to blow up their own house. At least it was their house, and not someone else's home!
Authorities say one brother was taken to the hospital, while the other was carted off to jail, after "accidentally" blowing up their house during their $75,000 lottery win celebration. Anyone who is worried about the injured brother will he happy to know he in stable condition, though he did suffer second-degree burns on his hands, arms and chest.
So how did these two brothers blow up their house while celebrating? Wichita Police Sgt. Bruce Watts says the incident occurred after one of the brothers emptied a couple of large containers of butane lighter fluid into the air whilst trying to refuel torches they had planned to light their bongs with.
"The butane vapor reached the pilot light in the furnace, and as you might expect, ka-boom," said Watts. At least he has a sense of humor about this!
The injured brother was wearing a lottery t-shirt when the house exploded. Reports say his girlfriend promptly loaded him up in a car, with a few children in tow, drove him to the emergency room of a nearby hospital, dumped him off, and left. Now there is a woman who stood by her man!
At any rate, these two are obviously in a great deal of trouble. It looks like whatever they didn't blow on drugs, butane, t-shirts, and torches will be spent on legal fees, hospital bills, and a new house. Clearly something is not getting paid.