Two brothers managed to blow up their house while celebrating their lottery win. On Feb. 18, FOX News reported that one brother was taken to jail and the other was hospitalized after their house blew up thanks to some butane lighter fluid that was supposed to light their bongs. How else would one celebrate a $75,000 lottery windfall?
"The explosion happened after one of the brothers went to the kitchen to refuel the butane torches they planned to use to light their bongs. The brother emptied a couple large cans of butane lighter fluid, leaking butane into the air. Eventually, butane vapor reached the pilot light in the furnace, causing the blast," FOX News reported.
One of the brothers that blew up the house while celebrating the lucky lottery win is still in the hospital with second-degree burns on his hands, arms and chest. the 27-year-old is expected to be okay and is listed in "serious but stable condition." His girlfriend drove him to a local hospital before police arrived.
According to The Wichita Eagle, the other brother ran out of the house when the police arrive and admitted to having marijuana and methamphetamine. He was promptly arrested. The Wichita Police Department did confirm the rather bizarre (read ironic) incident but did not elaborate on charges.
It is unknown if the brothers that blew up the house celebrating their lottery winnings had been in trouble with the law in the past. It is also unknown if the brother who is in the hospital will be arrested and if either brother will face charges.
© Effie Orfanides 2013