Two brothers that were celebrating their good fortune of winning $75,000 on a winning lottery ticket accidentally blew up their home in Wichita, Kan.
The brothers planned to celebrate by having a party at their home in the 100 block of North Nevada Court. They bought marijuana and methamphetamine on Saturday evening and brought it back to their house.
One brother went to the kitchen to refuel the butane torches they planned to use to light their bongs, reports the Wichita Eagle. While emptying a couple of large cans of butane, some of it leaked into the air.
"The butane vapor reached the pilot light in the furnace, and as you might expect, ka-boom," said Wichita Police Sgt. Bruce Watts while trying to keep from laughing.
KFDL reported that one of the brother's girlfriends drove him to the hospital and didn't even go in with him, but just dropped him off and "sped off."
That brother, who was wearing a lottery t-shirt at the time, suffered second-degree burns to his hands and chest and the other who was uninjured was escorted to jail.
For these two brothers winning the lottery was a blast.