Brooke Burke has been eliminated from "Dancing With the Stars," not as a contestant but as the co-host of Tom Bergeron. On Feb. 22, Wetpaint reported that Burke won't be returning to the show and no one was more shocked about it than Burke herself.
After Burke was given the shocking news, she took to Twitter. She told her fans, "weird day….Shocking pre-season elimination #DWTS…ME. @Tom_Bergeron didn't even read my name. I won't be returning to the show this season."
Brooke went on to address her friends and fans on Twitter. In her usual positive self, she assured everyone that she would be okay. "Thanks for all the love & support. I loved my time in the ballroom & I'll love my next chapter too. Change is positive. Love you guys!"
DWTS executive producer Conrad Green did confirm that Brooke Burke would not be returning to "Dancing With the Stars" in the upcoming season. In a statement released by Green, he said, "She's been a wonderful part of the Dancing with the Stars family since her triumphant win in season seven and will unquestionably be missed by our entire team. We'd like to thank Brooke for her years of great service."
Burkes dismissall from DWTS follows that of the 18-piece band. Fans of the show were shocked at the announcement that the singers and musicians who had been with the show since it's inception would no longer be on the show.
Season 18 of "Dancing With the Stars" will air on March 17. How do you feel about the changes to the show? Do you think it will make DWTS better or worse?