Skip to main content
  1. AXS Entertainment
  2. Arts & Entertainment
  3. TV

Brooke Burke-Charvet Not Returning to Dancing with the Stars

See also

In a surprise move, ABC has removed Brooke Burke-Charvet from the line-up of season 18 of “Dancing with the Stars.” As reported by E! Online, Burke-Charvet will not return to co-host alongside Tom Bergeron. She apparently received the news on Friday afternoon.

In a statement, 42-year old Burke-Charvet said, “I’ve seen my fair share of shocking eliminations in the ballroom but this one takes the cake. I understand the need for change considering the position of the show at this juncture. I’ve always been one to embrace change and looking forward to pursuing opportunities I previously wasn’t able to entertain because of contractual obligations to the show.” The star also announced the shocking news of her "DTWS" exit to her Twitter followers.

Brooke Burke-Charvet won the “Dancing with the Stars” mirror-ball trophy at the end of season seven along with her partner, Derek Hough. The actress and former model then went on to replace Samantha Harris as the show's co-host in 2010, and she remained for seven seasons. It has been reported that she is loved by the cast and crew of "DTWS." Clearly though, the show is in the process of making some major changes prior to its March 17 season premiere.

In recent days, it was announced that the “DTWS” orchestra would not be returning. The 28-member band, headed by Harold Wheeler, are reportedly being replaced by a small electronic band and recordings. Regarding this decision, ABC said, “Since season one, Harold and his band have performed brilliant music in our ballroom for our dancers and the American viewers at home. We are grateful to him and his band for their amazing work and years of collaboration. We wish him the best of luck."

Advertisement