Skip to main content
  1. AXS Entertainment
  2. Arts & Entertainment
  3. TV

Brooke Burke-Charvet has been fired from hosting 'Dancing With the Stars'

See also

According to Us Magazine on Feb. 24, Brooke Burke-Charvet has been fired from ABC's popular dancing show "Dancing With the Stars."

Reportedly, Burke-Charvet had no clue she would be let go from the show before producers called her on Friday afternoon.

Burke-Charvet responded to the news by tweeting:

"weird day….Shocking pre-season elimination #DWTS…ME. @Tom_Bergeron didn't even read my name. I won't be returning to the show this season."

The 42-year-old host received the news that she will not be returning less than a month before Season 18 starts. It was obviously a shock to the mother of four, who has worked for the show since 2010 after winning Season 7 as a contestant with pro Derek Hough in 2008.

Even though Burke-Charvet was blindsided, she doesn't appear to be bitter. She said:

"I have enjoyed seven seasons co-hosting DWTS but understand the need for change considering the position of the show at this juncture. I've always been one to embrace change and looking forward to pursuing opportunities I previously wasn't able to entertain because of contractual obligations to the show. I've seen my fair share of shocking eliminations in the ballroom, but this one takes the cake."

Burke-Charvet's replacement is Fox Sports reporter 35-year-old Erin Andrews.

It is interesting that the year Burke-Charvet first joined Tom Bergeron as co-host in season 10 was the same season in which her replacement was a contestant.

Executive producer Conrad Green told Us Magazine that Burke-Charvet has been a wonderful part of the "Dancing With the Stars" family since her triumphant win in season 7 and will unquestionably be missed by the entire team. He then thanked the former host for her years of great service.

"Dancing With the Stars" returns on March 17 for its 18th season. The show has undergone a series of changes in the last year. The Tuesday's night results show was eliminated, and Harold Wheeler along with his 28-piece band were also let go.

"Dancing With the Stars" still remains a Top 10 hit, but if ABC keep making changes, it just might begin to lose some of its viewers who have faithfully watched the show from the beginning.

Advertisement

Related Videos:

  • 'Dancing with the Stars': Head judge Len Goodman shares secrets about the show
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ZypvKNyX6eU?VQ=HD720&amp;allowfullscreen=true&amp;autoplay=1"></iframe>
  • The community grows concerned with Aaron's behavior about food.
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/DEZLX4FG77M?VQ=HD720&amp;allowfullscreen=true&amp;autoplay=1"></iframe>
  • Phil Robertson is not sick, but Sadie sure can dance
    <div class="video-info" data-id="518418238" data-param-name="playList" data-provider="5min" data-url="http://pshared.5min.com/Scripts/PlayerSeed.js?sid=1304&width=480&height=401&playList=518418238&autoStart=true"></div>