Brooke Burke-Charvet has been fired from "Dancing with the Stars." It is definitely true and quite a shock. The firing even stunned Burke-Charvet herself.
E! News reported Feb. 21 that the former 'DWTS' co-host confirmed she will not join Tom Bergeron in a return for the ABC hit show.
She said this in a statement:
"I have enjoyed seven seasons co-hosting DWTS but understand the need for change considering the position of the show at this juncture. I've always been one to embrace change and looking forward to pursuing opportunities I previously wasn't able to entertain because of contractual obligations to the show. I've seen my fair share of shocking eliminations in the ballroom but this one takes the cake."
Burke-Charvet had no idea her job was on the chopping block and learned of the termination just Friday afternoon. No reason for the "Dancing with the Stars" firing has been revealed.
Conrad Green, executive producer of "DWTS," also confirmed that Brooke Burke-Charvet was fired.
He said in a statement:
We can confirm that Brooke Burke-Charvet will not be joining us next season. She's been a wonderful part of the 'Dancing with the Stars' family since her triumphant win in season seven and will unquestionably be missed by our entire team. We'd like to thank Brooke for her years of great service."
Season 18 of "Dancing with the Stars" premieres Monday, Mar. 17 on ABC. Who will take Brook Burke-Charvet's place as the new host with Tom Bergeron?
Copyright © 2014 Heather Tooley
Heather focuses on trending news and entertainment headlines. To read more from this writer, her Twitter page is @HotTopicWriter or hit the "Subscribe" at the beginning of the article above.