Brooke Burke-Charvet has left the ballroom. On Feb. 22, People reported that the model and TV host won’t be returning to “Dancing With the Stars” for the show’s upcoming 18th season.
Burke-Charvet first revealed the news via a Twitter post that said, "Weird day ... Shocking pre-season elimination #DWTS …ME. Tom Bergeron didn't even read my name. I won't be returning to the show this season."
The 42-year old beauty later released a statement to E! Online which said: "I have enjoyed seven seasons co-hosting ‘DWTS’ but understand the need for change considering the position of the show at this juncture. I've always been one to embrace change and looking forward to pursuing opportunities I previously wasn't able to entertain because of contractual obligations to the show. I've seen my fair share of shocking eliminations in the ballroom but this one takes the cake."
The former co-host started out as a contestant on the 7th season of the show and went on to win the mirrorball trophy with partner Derek Hough. She replaced Samantha Harris as co-host of the show in Season 10.
Coincidentally, Burke-Charvet was featured on “Oprah: Where Are They Now?” on Friday night. The mom of four dished on her marriage to second husband David Charvet, and also talked about her 2012 battle with thyroid cancer.
'What I've really learned is how to make my relationship and my man and myself a priority," the former "Dancing with the Stars" co-host said.
Sounds like she’ll have a little more time to do that.
The 18th season of ‘Dancing with the Stars’ debuts March 17 at 8:00 p.m. ET on ABC.