This Sunday marks the 47th NFL Super Bowl. Although the Denver Broncos were so close to getting to New Orleans, this game is not one to be missed. Think: A family coaching feud, Ray Lewis’ last professional game, hyped-up (and usually hilarious) commercials and Beyoncé’s performance at the halftime show.
Don’t have a trip planned to the Big Easy? Comcast has football fans covered. Xfinity TV has more than 140 hours of programming on the NFL Network, Xfinity On Demand features 30-minute recaps of every Super Bowl, and Xfinity online offers sneak peeks of Super Bowl ads, media day highlights and live online viewing of ESPN and ESPN2.
Still have an incurable case of Broncos fever? Take a stab at some Broncos Super Bowl trivia and reminisce about the good ol’ days:
- How many times have the Broncos been to the Super Bowl?
- How many Super Bowl games did John Elway play in before he hoisted the Lombardi trophy?
- What Bronco caught an 80-yard touchdown pass in Super Bowl XXXIII?
- When the Broncos played in Super Bowl XXXII and Super XXXIII, who were the games’ MVPs?
- What Bronco Ring of Fame member rushed over 2,000 yards in the same year as Super Bowl XXXIII?
- BONUS: True or False? Head Coach Mike Holmgren for the Green Bay Packers informed his defense to let the Broncos score late in Super Bowl XXII in hopes of having more time for the Packers’ offense to put together a scoring drive.
- Six times, winning two back-to-back in 1997 against the Green Bay Packers and 1998 against the Atlanta Falcons.
- Three. In his fourth Super Bowl appearance, Elway finally reached the Promised Land and was the first quarterback to have started in five Super Bowls, retiring the following year after winning his second ring.
- Former wide receiver Rod Smith.
- Terrell Davis and John Elway, respectively.
- Again, Terrell Davis!