Purr’n Pooch Pet Resorts has scheduled a special training seminar to teach expectant parents strategies to prepare their pets for a new baby’s arrival. The seminar is schedule for Saturday, October 12, 2013 from 10-11 a.m.
The seminar will be led by Purr’n Pooch Pet Resorts founder, Dick Palazzo, and trainer, Karen Fazio. Parents will learn how to create a joyful homecoming for the entire family, including the family pet(s).
"Many couples are not prepared to introduce their new baby to their pet(s)," said Dick Palazzo, animal behaviorist trainer and owner of the pet resort. "With proper training and preparation, new and expectant parents can enjoy a happy and harmonious homecoming.”
“The dog trainers at Purr'n Pooch look forward to helping families understand their pets, and their relationship with the new baby,” continued Palazzo. “Our pets teach us many lessons, from compassion to patience, so it's essential that we properly introduce them to their new family member. Healthy relationships depend on the introduction. We hope to have a great group join us for the 'Bringing Home Baby' seminar on October 12."
Seminar topics include:
• Importance of obedience training for dogs of all ages
• Baby and dog-proofing the home
• How to effectively and safely introduce baby-related items safely to an environment with a family pet
• The variety of ways in which dogs are likely to react if not prepared in advance of baby’s arrival
• Changing sleeping and attention schedules and how they may affect household pets
• How to cope with the loss of sleep
• Myths and truths about presenting a child to a pet for sniffing
• What to do with the pet the day baby arrives
• How to manage visitors and pet interactions
• The truths and myths surrounding alpha leaders in the home
• Preparing a pet for frantic schedules and stressed parents
• How to prevent reactivity to wheels and other fast-moving objects
• Safety protocols for baby-dog interactions
The Purr’n Pooch Pet Resorts facility where the seminar will be held is located at 86 West Gilbert Street, Tinton Falls, NJ 07724
A $10 donation to support the nonprofit work of the Purr’n Pooch Foundation for Animals is requested to attend.
Purr’n Pooch Pet Resorts is a family owned and operated business since 1970. They strive to provide the very best in boarding, training, grooming and pet daycare. More than 500,000 clients have enjoyed the pet resorts’ warm welcome, world-class facilities and top-notch services.
Owner Dick Palazzo is an industry innovator and passionate animal welfare advocate. Palazzo's background in veterinarian science and his experience as a trainer, behaviorist, groomer and entrepreneur have been essential to the pet resorts' continued success.
Subscribe to be alerted when more articles are published; your email address will not be shared.
Email info@GeminiUniversal.com if you have comments or a story you would like me to share. I currently write as NJ Animal Rescue Examiner, National Cats Examiner, National Pet Health Examiner, and National General Pets Examiner. Follow me on Twitter and visit us on Facebook for news and updates.