Wedding season is officially here and many women are finding themselves at showers, luncheons and pre-wedding parties- for their girlfriends! Have you been dating your guy for a while and are now dreaming about your own special day? Don’t worry, online jeweler extraordinaire Brilliance.com has everything you need to make your engagement diamond spectacular and now they also have tips on how to encourage him to put a ring on it!
Brilliance.com, the destination for all things diamond and its resident jewelry expert, Jonathon Ohayon, have created a guide that may help you encourage your guy to propose. Remember ladies, these are just tips for to move the needle and not necessarily guaranteed to make you betrothed. Their diamonds however, are guaranteed to make you swoon!
Ready to Wed? Check out Brilliance.com tips on How to get your guy to “put a ring on it"?
1. Make Sure He’s Ready: I know this seems pretty obvious, but he has to be ready before you can really nudge him in the right direction. Does he use words like “we” and “us” a lot? Does he make plans for the future that include you? If he says things like, “I might study abroad next year, I’ve always wanted to travel Europe alone” this is a pretty good indicator he’s not ready to make a commitment. However, if he asks you what city have you always wanted to visit, and then you see him on Travelocity.com later that evening, read on…
2. Get A Clear Idea On How He Feels About Marriage: Got a great guy but not sure how he feels about marriage? Maybe living together forever suits him just fine. Some couples (hello Goldie and Kurt) make this work and even look like a good idea, but if you really want the fairy tale and he’s just not that into it, that will be a problem. This is doubly true for adults that experienced their parent’s divorce at a young age. Talk to him, because where he stands on this issue is paramount!
3. Drop Hints: OK, so you’ve made it past steps 1 and 2 and you’re sure he’s good to go on the marriage front- drop some hints! Casually mention that your co-worker is celebrating their 10 year wedding anniversary and that they’re happier than ever! Does he respond with an eye roll and yawn or does he say, “10 years huh? Imagine us a decade from now”! The trick here is to be subtle. You want to feel him out and plant a seed, not make him run for the hills!
4. Be The Woman He Wants To Be With: So you’ve been dating for 2 years now and sweatpants have become your goto outfit of choice. You may have stopped going out with your friends or worse yet, you let every little thing bother you (no nagging!). The point here is to have a life and take care of yourself- just like you did when you met him. Remember, there is no way for him to see what it’s like if you weren’t in his life, if you’ve given up yours for him!
5. Propose To Him Yourself: So you’ve had many fab years together and all the talks in the world about how you both want to be together- so what gives? He may just be complacent or afraid to shell out major dollars for ring. Either way, there is one thing you could do- propose to him yourself! The newest trend in the wedding jewelry world is “Mangagement” rings. These are not repurposed wedding bands, Mangagement rings have a prominent center stone for him flaunt!
Make a note, these tips are just a guide and at the end of the day, the most important person in the equation is you. If you are not sure that he is the one yet, or you find yourself still dropping hints and planning your big day, please look at that. As my dad would always say, “there’s a lid for every pot” so don’t settle for less than happiness- nothing is perfect, but have the right intentions before you start dropping hints. Marriage is a big deal and when the time is right, Brilliance.com hopes to be the jeweler of your choice. Did you know? They offer a life-time warranty on all of their jewelry; care & maintenance services, free shipping and all diamonds are guaranteed to be conflict-free.