Erin Fetherston channeled charm school glam for her Fall/Winter 2014 presentation last week during New York Fashion Week. Drawing on the Barbizon Hotel and charm schools of days past, the collection, titled Charmed I’m Sure, boasts pieces with a modern take on what those illustrious women may have worn out for an evening – floral and lace cocktail dresses, librarian-chic glasses, and texturized ponytails.
Lead hairstylist Brian Hawkins explained the hair as being all about texture and volume while keeping it charm-school sweet and simple. This look can be easily recreated with the NEW Salon Grafix Play It Big! line in five simple steps:
- On second day hair, establish a side angled part and section off a piece of hair that you will later use for a swooped bang.
- Beginning at the crown, section hair into 4 pieces. Lightly spray Salon Grafix Play It Big! Touchable Hairspray at the base of each section. On both sides backcomb each section to about an inch high creating a volumized crown. Smooth it all down gently with a comb or boar bristle brush.
- To form your swooped bang, bring the parted off section of hair into the remainder of the hair using one or two bobby pins for security. The bottom of the swoop should fall directly above the brow.
- Pull hair into a low ponytail at the nape of the neck. Create added texture and volume to the ponytail by lightly spraying Salon Grafix Play It Big! Dry Shampoo (based to match hair color: black, blonde, brown or clear) into the ponytail and with your hand gently scrunching hair.
- To complete the style tie a silk ribbon around the ponytail creating a subtle bow. Spray Salon Grafix Play It Big! Firmer Hold Hairspray on entire look to lock it in.
Retro glam, reworked in an utterly modern way.