Your wedding dress is the most important item you will ever wear, so naturally , a great deal of thought needs to be put into the dress buying process.
Purchasing your wedding dress should also be the best shopping experiences of your life. According to Bride Magazine, the average price a Bride spends on her wedding gown is $1289.00.
A few tips to follow when your are begging your search:
- It is best to begin your hunt for the perfect dress about one year in advance. Dresses can take from 6 to 7 months to come in , and you will want to have ample time to alter your dress. Occasionally, mistakes can happen, if you have time, you will avoid the last minute stress of correcting any errors.
- Prior to your bridal appointment, take time to look through magazines or online. Print out pictures of dresses you can see yourself in. They may or may not be your ideal gowns, however they will give your consultant an idea of your look. Once you determine your venue, wedding dress shopping is much easier. a ball gown is appropriate for a formal venue, while a lace sheath or light weight chiffon gown are ideal for a beach setting. However, remember that this is your wedding day. Wear whatever makes you happy, comfortable and confident.
- Limit who you bring along on your wedding gown appointment. One negative comment from your entourage can forever ruin that special feeling your get from a gown. You don't want to loose the impact when all eyes turn to you at the start of you ceremony by allowing too many people to view your dress prior to your wedding day.
- Be aware of what you are comfortable spending and share that information with your consultant. If your budget is $1500, you don't want to fall in love with a $5000 gown.
- Make an appointment at your bridal salon. This will insure that you have one-on-one attention. Above all else,Trust your Bridal Consultant: Your Bridal Consultant is there to work for you. Be honest with her about your budget and what you are looking for in a dress. The bridal salon would not have her working to represent them if she wasn't seasoned and professional. Keeping secrets from her will ultimately be a disadvantage to finding your perfect dress.
- Finally,when you find your dress....stop looking! You don't want to start second guessing. Like most things in life, your first choice is usually you right choice.