This month brings Brian Tracy's newest book, Unlimited Sales Success, co-authored by his son Michael Tracy. It's a timely, quick-read for both the salesperson new in his/her job and for the experienced salesperson who wants to become more successful.
Tracy believes that, despite the challenging new realities—more demanding customers and increasingly complex products and services, among them—it’s a fantastic time to be in the profession of selling.
Backed by more than 40 years of selling experience—in virtually all product categories and market conditions—plus extensive research, Tracy and Tracy condense the cream of proven sales principles and practices into a dozen results-focused chapters.
With the help of action exercises, instructive examples, and Brian Tracy’s trademark motivational style, readers will learn exactly what they need to know, believe, and do to make faster and easier sales, no matter what product or service they’re selling.
Book highlights include:
- A mini crash course in the psychology of selling, with seven steps for achieving mental fitness as a sales pro.
- Valuable pointers on personal sales planning, with a priority on setting clear long-term goals and the short-term objectives to achieve them, and effective time management, with a focus on high-impact activities and high-value customers.
- Prospecting power, with tips on identifying good prospects and avoiding investing in poor ones, plus four key strategic thinking principles to improve any salesperson’s prospecting results: specialization, differentiation, segmentation, and concentration.
- Essentials for excelling at relationship selling, showing salespeople how to position themselves in the customer’s mind as a friend, adviser, and teacher, and at selling consultatively, with credibility and a commitment to meeting each customer’s needs.
- How to become skilled at influencing customer behavior, without manipulative tactics, plus advice on making persuasive presentations, overcoming objections, closing the sale, and getting re-sales and referrals. Packed with revelations,