Dealing with dry skin or rough patches can be a long process if you have the wrong products to help these skin conditions. Preparing a natural sugar scrub that not only works but has a refreshing citrus scent is a bonus.
A homemade recipe for a scrub to exfoliate your dry skin is just what is needed to change those rough and painful patches of skin into smooth and silk skin. Everything you need may just be right in your kitchen. All you have to do is create this beauty scrub paste, apply it and enjoy the scent and the refreshing and healthy look your skin will have once you’re done using it.
- 2 ½ cups of sugar
- 1 cup of olive oil
- 4 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Glass container
- In a medium sized bowl mix together the oil and sugar together then add in the lemon juice until everything is combined well.
- Apply a small amount to the skin and gently rub into the dry and calloused areas to remove the dead and dry skin.
- Rinse the area with warm water.
- Wash with soap and water and rinse again with warm water.
- Pat dry with paper towels or use a clean soft cloth or towel.
- Do this once a week until all the skin looks new again then repeat twice a month or once a month as needed.
Enjoy the smoothness of your skin!
© 2014 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
Never miss another news, household tip or crafty story again! Subscribe to Beverly Mucha @ Home and Living Examiner and receive a free notification every time something new is published.
More reading topics from this author: